Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I'm a Mrs!

Ok so I've been a Mrs for almost 2 months now, but things have been insanely busy so I haven't gotten around to updating this blog yet...

If anyone is interested in seeing wedding photos, you can check out our website at Beth-and-Stephen.com

As far as the fiber world, I'm nearing completion on Tempting II in some Cotton Ease that's been hiding in my stash since LB discontinued it last year. I found a vintage mother-of-pearl button online that I ordered yesterday, and have about an inch more to go before starting the neckband.

I received some garter stitch cotton dishcloths for a wedding gift and loved them so much I've already knocked out two dishcloths of my own. I went from a scarf straight into felted purses and jumpers, so I skipped the dishcloth phase and I missed out! I've knit one with a cabled owl in the middle, and another with a martini glass. They work great, and are nice to use up the Lion Kitchen Cotton that was leftover from the SnBN yoga mat bag I made a while back.

I've also joined the world of the spinners, or am at least knocking on the door. I got a beginners spindle kit a few weeks ago and have made my very own first skein from corriedale. It's nothing fancy, but I like it!

first skein of handspun

I have an order of silk hankies on the way to me now so I'll be playing with kool-aid dying this weekend, and will be starting to spin them as soon as they're all dyed up.

More updates later!

No comments: