Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Starting a new adventure!

This blog has been dormant for FAR too long, so I'm hoping to resuscitate it and get back to blogging about my adventures and interests.

Some of the major changes in my life since my last post - I'm now living in my 4th state in two years, was in Houston, TX when I last posted, lived to Oklahoma City, OK for a year then Minneapolis, MN for 9 months, and now Portland, OR. Each move has been a result of a new job, and I've started and completed a Masters degree in Project Management through Penn State along the way as well. I'm now an AUNT to the most precious niece (my brother) and nephew (husband's sister) ever and I love spoiling them rotten.

What hasn't changed? I'm still sewing and knitting and crafting up a storm, though I've added an embroidery machine and a Silhouette digital cutter to my ever-expanding craft room. I've been documenting my crafty adventures on Facebook and I plan to use this space to document in more detail as I'm sure my husband is getting tired of pretending to know what I'm babbling about ;)

I've fallen off and gotten back on the fitness bandwagon a few times, but living in this perfect climate has the urge kicking back in to high gear so I plan to get back to the gym and hopefully into biking or running over the next few weeks. I've already become obsessed with my Fitbit and Polar fitness computer (Thanks to Little Bit Funky and BlogHer!) and I'm working on convincing my new coworkers to form a team for the upcoming Color Run that's taking place here in September.

Wine is still very much an interest of mine, and now that I live in the wine country I'll be visiting various local wineries much more often than my previous once a year trips. There are so many things to see, places to go, and festivals in the area that I'm getting a lot of use out of my camera already!

I've also become obsessed with Pinterest, BirchBox, and Influenster so I'll be sharing other various fashion, beauty, and just plain girly things in the coming weeks.

It's great to be back!

1 comment:

earthwirehead said...

If I can cultivate a passing interest in the fine points of vegan cookery, your Stephen can certainly learn to say vaguely positive things about knitting :)

Very much in envy of your recent little Willamette Valley wine tour... sometime when you have more time on your hands, you might want to do some similar exploring on the other side of the Columbia.

Enjoy that 'perfect climate'--Shelby has rented a gym-quality treadmill for the summer to make up for not being able to walk to work again until sometime in October.

Kudos for finding time to write something besides status reports, presentations, and demand letters--wish I could!