Friday, August 04, 2006

wow

Just a quick update - things have been insanely hectic around our house, my mother-in-law has been in ICU for the last 3 weeks so most of our free time is spent shuttling back and forth to make the visiting hours. (I've posted briefly about it over at my livejournal at http://artemis9976.livejournal.com)

There has been quite a bit of knitting late at night, the baby gift set is complete and should be photographed this weekend when I'm actually outside the office or hospital while the sun is up. I've knocked out a few "warshrags" too, mostly for the baby gift but one Mason-Dixon ballband just for fun

I got some soysilk roving, SWT Bamboo and Berroco Cotton Twist for myself at Knit Nouveau last weekend. The cotton twist is well underway to becoming Wendy B's Dream Swatch (available at http://www.thegarterbelt.com in their complementaries section), the Bamboo is destined to become a mini Clapotis (ala KPixie's modifications), and I'm not sure what weight the soysilk will become, but it's an absolutely gorgeous mix of blues and greens, reminds me of the caribbean ocean and drinks made with blue curacao (delivered by cabana boys even!)

I'm not sure I even have readers these days, so give me a shout out in the comments if you stop by!

No comments: