Wednesday, August 16, 2006

rave review for an eBay shop

If you haven't already, get yourself over to ColourmartUK on ebay and purchase one of their sample packs -- click here for the sample pack auction listing

for $1 they will ship you a minimum of 10 sample skeins of each of their yarn weights, either all cashmere or a cashmere blend (I got one that was 50/50 cashmere and merino, and 10 that were cashmere).

I don't know if I got lucky (they emailed to apologize that mine took so long to ship, they had a big sale and his assistant was on holiday) or if it's the norm, but in addition to my samples I also got a 250yrd/50g ball of fingering weight cashmere, 3 ply of black, grey, and khaki singles that Stephen of course promptly claimed would make a 'boggan' for him.

I was trying to get the large hank into a more managable skein to get the actual yardage and dropped it, so I now have half of it on my swift and half in a big tangled mess, but this is the softest stuff ever so I don't really mind all the unknotting since I get to fondle it more ;)

I haven't decided if I'm going to knit with it as-is, or ply it back on itself to get a little bit thicker weight to make him a hat with....

No comments: