Saturday, July 01, 2006

reason # 968765783452895630 why I love my Mr

Today was my very first trip to Knit Nouveau (link over in the side bar) and I have to say I WAS IN HEAVEN!

I browsed to my little heart's content for a while, and left with 8 oz of blue faced leicester roving and a set of Brittany birch cable needles. I could have gotten more, in fact he was encouraging me to get some yarn or another bag of roving, but I didn't want to go hog wild on my first trip, thought I should break him in slowly ;)

He also admired the Louet S51 wheel they had set up, and thought it was pretty darned cool. Seems like my man likes the look of the wheels I tend to favor, so hopefully I'll be getting one for christmas ;)

I showed him Kate Gilbert's Pea Pod baby set (link opens a PDF in a new window) last night, and he helped me pick out some yarn that I ordered today. I'm going to knit that up for my pregnant coworker, and he picked up some baby booties at the store and said I should make her some booties as well, and to go ahead and order enough yarn for the entire set ;)

So I've spun up a little bit of the BFL, and I just got back from Walmart with some Ben & Jerry's and a couple balls of Peaches & Cream to knit up a few washcloths. These little things are addictive! I'll probably be gifting the ladies in my life with some for the holidays, if I can wait that long! I also thought they might be nice for bathing a wee babe, or as a burp/spit cloth so the new mom might get some as well. It's nice having friends and family who admire and appreciate hand knits, no matter how simple or complex!

No comments: